Individual therapy is an extremely personal and unique experience. I enjoy helping people heal from past or present pain, grow as they gain a deeper understanding of their experience, and ultimately live a more enjoyable and fulfilling life. I have experience working with adults who have varied needs and presenting problems. I provide both short-term solution focused therapy or long term psychotherapy. Common issues I work with include:
- Life Changes (e.g., recent move, ending a relationship, job change/unemployment, etc)
- Depression (e.g., sadness, irritability, difficulty sleeping, isolation)
- Grief and Loss
- Relationship difficulties
- Stress management
- Postpartum depression
- Family discord
- Trauma or past abuse
- Social problems
- Personal growth
- Gender and identity concerns
- GLBTQ issues (e.g., coming out, family acceptance, identity)
"Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us"
"Often, it's not about becoming a new person, but becoming the person you were meant to be, and already are, but don't know how to be."
--Heath L. Buckmaster